Shawn Montano's latest award is a 2015 National Television Arts & Sciences Student Achievement Award for Sense of Security. This Public Affairs/Community Service Documentary was produced by his former student Tanya Kisakova.
He has won 5 Regional Emmys, 3 Colorado Broadcasters Association awards, a Edward R. Murrow award and he is the only person ever to win the title of Video Editor of the Year by the National Press Photographer Association 4 times.
I am a nationally recognized video professional. I have over 20 years of video production experience.
My company, Thunderhead Media, has produced videos for corporate training, presentations, corporate conferences, business profiles, and children’s events.
I have a passion for video production. I’m very honored to do what I love. I enjoy it so much I want everyone to know about video production. I teach video production as well.
My passion for instruction guided me, lecturing in nearly 30 states at conferences, colleges, news-stations and workshops.
Along with being the CEO of Thunderhead Media, I am the Video Production Coordinator/Instructor at Emily Griffith Technical. Previously I instructed at Front Range Community College in the Multimedia Graphic Design Program.
My passion spills over into blogs I write. I started The Edit Foundry, an educational blog with an emphasis in video editing in 2008. The Edit Foundry was named one of the 50 best blogs for Movie Makers by Movie Maker Magazine.
I also contribute content to TVnewsstorytellers.com
My latest blog Vital Active Vibrant can be found right here on this site.
I would love to hear from you if your interested in working together on a project, being tutored or if you just have a few questions about this crazy video world we are in.
I shoot, edit, write, narrate and produce video. One project is my series, EG Trekking Careers, highlighting successful graduates of Emily Griffith Technical College. Those segments are compiled into 30-minute shows which I host and produce.
Shawn Montano is the owner of Thunderhead Media. He has 20 years of Video Production experience. Shawn has worked in all 5 Television newsrooms in Denver as well as produced documentaries and programs for the Discovery Health Channel and ROOT SPORTS.
- 2015 Heartland Emmy Chapter Student Achievement for Public Affairs/Community Service, "Sense of Security."
- 2011 Heartland Emmy Chapter for General Assignment Report - No Time Limit. "The Gift of Life"
- Four time, 2001, 2007, 2009, and 2010 National Press Photographers Association Best of Photojournalism Video Editor of the Year
- 2010 Recipient of the NPPA Jim Gordon Editor of the Year Honor
- Moviemaker list of 50 best blogs for movie makers for The Edit Foundry Blog Winter 2010
- 2009 Edublog Awards nominee for best educational use of video/visual for The Edit Foundry Blog
- 2008 National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Heartland Chapter Emmy Award Recipient as Segment Producer for Journey of Hope Documentary
- Three additional Heartland Chapter Emmys
- Regional Edward R. Murrow Recipient
- Two Colorado Broadcasters Association Awards
- Five First Place National Press Photographers Association awards for video editing